2009 SJK Challenge
Played on Sunday November 29 at Caloundra Golf Club
Scroll to the bottom of the page for the Results sheet.
BRISBANE & DISTRICT v WIDE BAY BURNETT DISTRICT - JUNIOR GIRLS INTER-DISTRICT CHALLENGE
For the Sarah Jane Kenyon Smith Perpetual Trophy - Donated by the Ladies of Caloundra Golf Club
CONDITIONS OF PLAY
- Competition: 4BBB Stroke Match play, Full Handicap difference. The lowest marker reverts to scratch and concedes strokes to the others in her group including her partner.
- All Matches to finish on the 18th hole.
- A team shall consist of 4 pairs (8 players per district). Each player will have a GA handicap of 33 and under, and be aged under 18 yrs on day of play, and has not previously represented their District at Junior Jug. Each District should appoint a Captain from the players to do the presentation of the Sarah Jane Kenyon Perpetual Trophy to the winning team on completion of the event. All players should be present for this presentation.
- Order of Play: Teams to be played in descending order of combined handicap, i.e. from highest to lowest. The four lowest handicappers must play in ranked order and not partner each other.
- Rules of Golf and the Local Rules of the host club will apply.
- Team lists to be handed to the starter and opposing captains fifteen (15) minutes before play begins.
- Points System: 1 point for an individual team win. ½ point for an individual team square. In the event of a tie each District will hold the trophy for an equal time.
- Eligibility of Players: Team players must be handicapped in their home District, unless they are attending school outside their District, in which case they can play for their District of origin.
- Honour on the first hole to be decided by a toss of a coin.
- Golf Australia Handicaps must be produced on request.
- Courses in each District to be used alternately for play of Challenge. WBB- odd numbered years. B & D – even numbered years. Starting times will be decided by the Host Club.
- Green fees payable by each District. Rate to be confirmed and agreed by both Districts.
- All protests to be lodged with the Match Committee in writing within fifteen (15) minutes of completion of play. The Match Committee decision is final. Match Committee to compose of a representative of each District and representative of Host Club.
- Mobile phones may be carried on the golf course but must be switched off or in mute mode.
- Caddies are permissible. Caddies may use motorized transport. A player is prohibited from using a professional as her caddie during the stipulated round.
- Each team may appoint one person as a non playing captain (could be the District Representatives). The non playing captain may give advice to members of their team.